Hey guys, were halfway through through the season in the SAL, 70 games down and 70 to go. It’s been a fun ride so far.
I’m introducing a new annual feature at Notes. Here’s my 1st annual Mid Season Sally top 20 prospect list.
If I’ve written about the player I will include the link. Cheers
Questions/comments feel free to use the bottom of the page or I’m on Twitter @AshevilleSoxFan Thank You.
1) Brendan Rodgers- My 1st look at Brendan Rodgers, SS, Asheville
2) Victor Robles- My 1st look at Victor Robles, CF, Hagerstown
3) Anderson Espinosa- Scouting Anderson Espinoza, RHP, Greenville
4) Dillon Tate- Scouting Dillon Tate, RHP, Hickory
5) Mike Soroka- Scouting Mike Soroka, RHP, Rome
6) Peter Lambert- Scouting Peter Lambert, RHP, Asheville
7) Kolby Allard- Scouting Kolby Allard, LHP, Rome
8) Cornelius Randolph- My 1st look at Cornelius Randoph
9) Michael Chavis- Thoughts on Michael Chavis, 3B, Greenville
10) Josh Naylor- My 1st look at Josh Naylor 1B, Greensboro
11) Lucius Fox- My 1st look at Lucius Fox, SS, Augusta
12) Tito Polo- Two under the radar Toolsy center fielders
13) Ke’Bryan Hayes- My 1st look at Ke’Bryan Hayes, 3B, WV Power
14) Ryan Mountcastle- My 1st look at Ryan Mountcastle, SS, Delmarva
15) Yeyson Yrizarri- My 1st look at Yeyson Yrizarri SS, Hickory
16) Josh Ockimey- Thoughts on Josh Ockimey, 1B, Greenville
17) Jalen Miller- My 1st look at Jalen Miller, 2B, Augusta
18) Touki Toussaint- Sally SP matchup of the day: Tinoco vs Toussaint
19) Milton Ramos- MY 1st look at Milton Ramos, SS, Columbia
20) Mitch Keller
21) Ronald Acuna
Rodgers vs Robles is a tough call, two very talented players, many people would have the order reversed. For me it comes down to Rodgers power potential. Would you rather have potential 310-25-10 in the middle infield or potential 310-10-40 in center. I’ll take the middle infield power but there’s no wrong answer here.
There’s a gap after 4 and after 10.
Touki was difficult to place, his range of outcomes are enormous he could be up with Tate and Espinosa in a couple of years or outside the top 200.
20-21 I haven’t seen yet, I’m confident they’re top 25 talent but I can’t rank them or write about them until I see them.
There are pitchers who had very good 1st halves that I didn’t get to see but might have been top 25 material. Patrick Weigel and Pedro Payano are good examples of this.
I tinkered with the order for a few hours but at some point you just have to submit it.